What to ask
Here is an easy guide – 7 key questions — to help your clients define financial, charitable and lifetime goals:
- What charitable organizations do you currently support?
- Would you like your support to continue or grow as life goes on or at your passing?
- Philanthropy can be so powerful. Have you developed philanthropic goals for yourself or for your family?
- Is there a philanthropic legacy you would like to be remembered for?
- Who would you prefer to inherit your assets – Family? Government? A cause dear to you?
- Where should your assets go if your spouse or children do not survive you? In that case, would you want assets passed on to a nonprofit?
- Is reducing taxes a goal in your estate planning? Are time-sensitive tax considerations influencing your giving decisions?
Assets for giving now
Any of these types of assets can be used to establish a fund at Excellence or contribute to one.
Assets for giving through estate planning
All of these methods are ways to make a planned gift and help your client accomplish his or her charitable goals.